Friday, September 23, 2011

Wall Plaque

I have been wanting to do crafts again for quite a while. Since I am now doing school online, I have a bit more time.
I found this plaque at the DI for $2.00 The saying on it made NO sense at all. So I started peeling off all those vinyl letters. What a pain!!
 Finally, they are all off.
 I sanded it down so that it was smooth where the vinyl lettering was. I wanted to keep the pink underneath, so I only sanded in the middle.
 I then gave it a coat of black semi gloss spray paint.
 After it dried most of the way, I sanded so that the pink showed through on the edges.
 I then added the new vinyl lettering that I had bought on clearance, um, about 5 years ago. Crazy!!
So all in all this cost me $2.00 and my time. Not bad for a baby gift for my nieces daughter.

1 comment:

Laina said...

Super super cute!!! LOVE the pink peeking thru. :o)